CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Day of Rest

Well Jerry went to river ranch this weekend with some buddies, it was a last minute thing, but I'm glad he decided to go, he came back just a little while ago and he had a really good time, Its in the middle of no where, he called it Redneck Heaven. They basically just camped out rode mud buggies and sat by the campfire. He described it like a hunting camp, so they really didn't "camp out" they had a bed in a house like on stillts. Jerry's the guy on the left end. You can click the picture to see it larger.


Today I spent most of the day in bed, still sick with whatever this is . . . but I watched a really good movie on showtime called "Bonneville",It apparently came out last year but I don't remember hearing about it. It was so good a real tear jerker, but of course it doesn't take much to make me cry. It was about a women (Jessica Lang) who's husband dies and her and her two best friends, Joann Allen, and Kathy Bates take a road trip to disperse of his ashes. It was definitely one of those films that would be fun to see with your girlfriends. But I did manage to make it out of bed to make a chopped salad recipe out of my new favorite cook book!




Its called Hungry Girl Recipes she has a newsletter that you can subscribe to that offers tips and tricks to eating healthy. But this book is awesome! Anyways I made the Buffalo Chicken Choppity Chop on page 31 It was awesome and used only 5 ingredients! I'm not sure I can post the recipe, not sure if its legal? But if you want the recipe just email me! I was craving buffalo wings, and this hit the spot! Even the kids loved it, I'm thinking it would be good to make the night before and put in there lunches. Here's a picture of it but mine didn't look like this, I think mine looked better actually because I chopped my ingredients really fine.



Me and Jerry are going on our "date night" tonight because he wasn't here last night, which is usually when we go. I think we're gonna go to our old faithful, Bonefish Grill, we always leave there happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment