CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Cure for the Common Life

"The Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado



"God gave you... a zone, a region, a life precinct in which you were made to dwell. He tailored the curves of your life to fit an empty space in His jigsaw puzzle. And life makes sweet sense when you find your spot. Look back over your life. What have you consistently done well? What have you loved to do? Stand at the intersection of your affections and successes and find your uniqueness.You have one. A divine spark. An uncommon call to an uncommon life.Don’t worry about skills you don’t have. Don’t covet strengths others have. Just extract your uniqueness. And do so to . . . make a big deal out of God. Everything comes from Him . . . and exists for Him. We exist to exhibit God, to display His glory.We serve as canvases for His brush stroke, papers for His pen, soil for His seeds, glimpses of His image.Sweet spot. You have one... You can do something in a manner that no one else can.And when you find it and do it, another sweet spot is discovered..."

2 comments:

  1. I found my "spot", and it sure is sweet!

    Preach It, Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t covet strengths others have. --> that's the hard one for me.

    I don't remember if I ever thanked you for your kind words about my canvas album on my blog.
    I'm just now coming up for air after a few weeks of deadlines. I appreciate so much your time and kindness!
    xoxo,
    ja
    julieannshahin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete